Thursday, April 30, 2009

Temp this morning was 99.1. Mid afternoon it had dropped to 98.2. Maya is starting to do nesting behavior indoors and outdoors. I know it is time to make her stay in unless I have her on a leash and have a flashlight with me. Otherwise the pups would be born under the tree stump in the dog run. Her breathing is becoming more labored. She is shaking/shivering now and has whined a few times. I can tell she is starting to get uncomfortable. She has only been caught licking herself once so far, but of course I am sure that will drastically change as the time gets closer. No eating tonight even though I put some chicken broth in with a very small amount of food. I figured it would be wasted. I did purchase a water bottle to hang on her whelping center so that through the delivery and while she is rearing her pups she can drink at will. I may have to teach her how as this is new for her. She started panting at about 430 p.m. this afternoon and continues at 8p.m. Stay tuned for the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment