Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Final week...I'm so anxious. Maya began losing her mucus plug approximately 5 days ago. She is technically not due until May 3rd, but I strongly suspect she will be delivering early. On this past Sunday she and I hung out on the couch for quite some time and I just watched as the pups were moving all over the place. It looked crazy to see her tummy moving so much. She has really slowed down quite a bit over the last few days and no longer even attempts to jump up on our bed. She knows that she has been dragging her behind even getting on to the couch...she'd never make it to the bed. Her appetite still seems great. She did start to shake a little yesterday (shivering) and I thought perhaps that was a good sign that her time was coming, but so far she is still not progressing any further. Her vulva is beginning to swell up some and her teats appear to be full of milk. I am not able to express any myself, but occasionally when rubbing her tummy it feels as though they might be dripping some. Her temperature last night was 99.5 and at 10 a.m. this morning it was 99.7. She obviously still has a ways to go before delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment